Download Card Sets
The card sets below are for the Windows versions of our games. To download card sets for the Mac, click
Learn how to make your own card sets
Download card sets created by other players
To install: Download and run the card set installation file. By default it will install the card set file in the same folder as the game.
Invention Card Set
Beautiful Card Set with pictures of nineteenth century inventions on the cards. Note: These card sets require at least version 12.0 of Pretty Good Solitaire and will not work in FreeCell Wizard, Spider Wizard, or Solitaire Wizard.
Invention Card Set
Make Your Own Card Sets
Now you can create your own card sets for Pretty Good Solitaire. Here's what you will need to do it:
- A program that zips and unzip files.
- A graphics program that can edit .bmp files. Although the Paint program that comes with Windows can do this, I recommend a
higher powered program, perhaps even PhotoShop or Paint Shop Pro.
- Artistic talent. This is not yet bundled into Windows, and you'll have to come up with it on your own.
How to create a card set:
- Download our card format template from
http://www.goodsol.com/files/cardformat.zip. You will need to unzip this file. In the zip file are example .bmp files of
the 3 sizes of cards and backs.
- Load the templates into your graphics program and edit them to create your own card images. It is very important that the edges
of the cards not be modified. The card edges must remain in their exact locations as in the template. You need to do this for all 3 sizes
of cards (if you want your card set to support all 3 card sizes). You cannot just resize the artwork from the largest size to the smaller
sizes. Not only will it look awful, but the card edges will probably not line up properly after a resize.
- When you have the cards looking the way you want them, zip up the .bmp files into a zip file and email them to email@example.com.
Send the zip file as an attachment, and also send another email without an attachment saying that you sent an email with the attachment.
This is so we will know to expect the large email attachment (because we receive many virus emails with large attachments, if you do not
tell us to expect the attachment it will probably be deleted unread).
- We will send you the compiled card set if the artwork is in the proper format. It is necessary for us to check over the artwork because
there are so many things that can go wrong. We'll also give comments, if necessary, on whether any improvements could be made to the
artwork to make it more playable. For example, for the cards to be playable it is necessary that each card be indentifable when in the
middle of a stack of cards piled vertically or horizontally. In the large size, the rank of the card should be identifable from the top
20 pixels of the card, and from the left 10 pixels.
Examples of User Created Card Sets
Here are some card sets that were created by Pretty Good Solitaire users. Unzip the files and place the .dat card set files in the same
folder as Pretty Good Solitaire.
Card Sets by Jodie Holloway
Card Sets by Sylvia Rindahl
- Solitaire the Way it Was Meant to Be
Copyright ©1995-2014 Goodsol Development Inc., PO Box 9155, Springfield IL 62791. All Rights Reserved.